What We Do
The Administration for Children & Families (ACF) is a division of the Department of Health & Human Services. ACF promotes the economic and social well-being of families, children, individuals and communities.
ACF programs aim to:
- Empower families and individuals to increase their economic independence and productivity
- Encourage strong, healthy, supportive communities that have a positive impact on quality of life and the development of children
- Create partnerships with front-line service providers, states, localities and tribal communities to identify and implement solutions that transcend traditional program boundaries
- Improve access to services through planning, reform and integration
- Address the needs, strengths and abilities of vulnerable populations including people with developmental disabilities, refugees and migrants
For information on the broader Department of Health & Human Services mission, visit the HHS Strategic Plan & Priorities page.