ANA Funding Opportunity Announcements
ANA provides funding in the following program areas:
- Native American Language Preservation and Maintenance (P&M)
- Native American Language Preservation and Maintenance - Esther Martinez Immersion (EMI)
- Social and Economic Development Strategies (SEDS)
- Sustainable Employment and Economic Development Strategies (SEEDS)
- Environmental Regulatory Enhancement (ERE)
- Social and Economic Development Strategies for Alaska (SEDS-AK)
- Native Language Community Coordination Demonstration Project (NLCC)
- Native Youth Initiative for Leadership, Empowerment, and Development (I-LEAD)
ANA's recent funding opportunities are available here. If you would like to see previous (expired) funding opportunity announcements, visit the Funding Opportunity Announcements page and select “advanced search”. Under "Program Office," select "Administration for Native Americans (ANA)." Under “Status”, check all three options (Current, Expired, and Prior Year).
ANA has forecasted the funding opportunities in www.Grants.gov that it intends to publish in Fiscal Year 2017; however, this is just an estimate of what ANA anticipates offering so that potential applicants can begin to prepare for the announcement. The estimated synopsis post date and the estimated application due date, which are included in the Forecast, should also be helpful for potential applicants’ planning purposes.
Potential applicants are also encouraged to visit How to Apply for a Grant in preparation for the application process. This site provides more information about applying for a grant, including finding and understanding funding opportunities, submitting an application, understanding the review process, and more.
At this time, the complete application package is not available until the estimated synopsis post date. There is a feature on Grants.gov to receive an notification email if the there are any changes to the funding opportunity that you are interested in. It’s recommended that you register for that notification.
For more information about Grants.gov Forecasts, visit these resources:
All ANA community projects must be completed by the end of the project period or supported by alternative funds. Training and technical assistance is available to applicants for project and proposal development and to grantees for project implementation and reporting.
Other Funding Opportunities
See the ANA Resource Directory to learn about additional funding and technical assistance opportunities outside of ANA.