Child Welfare Information Technology Training Resources
This page provides webinars and other materials regarding child welfare information technology.
General Training Resources
- Advance Planning Document (APD) 101 - This presentation describes the APD process as defined by Federal Regulation 45 CFR 95. It provides a detailed overview of the types of APDs; the submission, review, and approval processes; exemptions, cost-allocation methodology, and waivers. Additionally, the APD 101 provides technical assistance suggestions and helpful resources.
- Cost Benefit Analysis (CBA) 101 - This presentation describes how to prepare a CBA as part of the feasibility study and alternatives analysis. Although states are no longer required to submit a CBA in their annual updates, they must submit the CBA along with their planning or implementation APDs.
- Feasibility, Alternatives, And Cost/Benefit Analysis Guide (1993) - This guide was developed to support state and Administration for Children and Families professionals in the development, review, and approval of feasibility studies, alternatives analyses, and CBAs.
- Form CB-496 Financial Reporting Instruction Updates - CCWIS & Adoption Savings Presentation - This presentation offers instructions on completing the CB-496 Quarterly Financial Report for title IV-E agencies during and after the Comprehensive Child Welfare Information System (CCWIS) Transition Period and for Adoption Assistance.
CCWIS Related Training Resources
- CCWIS Transition Period Presentation - This DSS presentation describes the Comprehensive Child Welfare Information System (CCWIS) Transition Period as defined by Federal Regulation 45 CFR 1355.56 as well as submission requirements as defined by Federal Regulation 45 CFR 1355.52(i). It provides an overview of the options available to title IV-E agencies during the transition period and what is required of them by the end of it.
- CCWIS Cost Allocation Presentation - This DSS presentation describes Comprehensive Child Welfare Information System (CCWIS) Cost Allocation as defined by Federal Regulation 45 CFR 1355.57 and provides examples.
The Children's Bureau's Division of State Systems sponsors a webinar series targeted for state and tribal staff involved with child welfare information systems. The webinars cover foundational topics related to the planning, development, implementation, and management of child welfare information systems. We welcome and encourage both new and experienced professionals to attend.
Upcoming Webinars - Technical Assistance
Upcoming Webinars - CCWIS Related
|October 13, 2016||Submission Requirements|
|November 3, 2016||Data and Reporting|
|December 1, 2016||Data Quality|
|January 12, 2017||Data Exchanges|
|February 2, 2017||Data Exchange Standards|
|March 2, 2017||IV-E Eligibility and Software Repository|
|April 6, 2017||APDs|