This page provides links to Program Instructions (PIs) related to child welfare information systems. It includes information that applies to any child welfare information technology project and information pertaining solely to Comprehensive Child Welfare Information Systems (CCWIS) projects.
Some PIs are issued from agencies within the Department of Health and Human Services other than the Children’s Bureau but are still applicable to child welfare information systems.
General Child Welfare Information Systems
- ACYF-CB-PI-15-05 - This PI provides information on support from state and tribal child welfare information systems for the extension of Medicaid eligibility to young adults formerly in foster care and under age 26.
- ACYF-CB-PI-11-07 - This PI provides information to states and tribes regarding changes to the regulations at 45 CFR part 95 related to the Advance Planning Document (APD) process used to obtain approval of federal financial participation (FFP) for acquiring automated data-processing equipment and services.
- ACYF-CB-PI-11-01 - This PI provides guidance to help title IV-E agencies with Statewide Automated Child Welfare Information Systems (SACWIS) interpret and determine the impact of policy changes concerning title IV-E foster care eligibility redeterminations and the Fostering Connections to Success and Increasing Adoptions Act of 2008 (Pub. L. 110-351).
- ACYF-CB-PI-10-05 - This PI provides guidelines for conducting pilots in SACWIS environment.
- ACYF-CB-PI-10-04 - This PI provides guidance on National Youth in Transition Database reporting in a SACWIS environment.
- ACYF-CB-PI-09-11 - This PI provides guidance on the APD regulations that tribes have to comply with to claim title IV-B and/or title IV-E FFP for child welfare information technology projects, equipment, and services.
- ACYF-CB-PI-07-10 - This document updates and clarifies Administration on Children, Youth and Families policies affecting federal child welfare information system projects, including SACWIS.
- ACYF-CB-PI-01-05 - This PI provides a comprehensive overview of existing cost-allocation requirements related to SACWIS operational costs.
- ACYF-CB-PI-98-02 - This PI provides notification of the impact of the Adoption and Safe Families Act of 1997 (Pub. L. 105-89) on SACWIS.