Military & Veterans
Military families face unique challenges because of deployments or other lengthy separations. State child support programs help by responding quickly to the changing circumstances of both parents so that support orders remain reasonable and fair.
At the federal level, we provide resources to states and tribes and work with the Department of Veterans Affairs and the American Bar Association to help homeless veterans address unresolved child support issues and other challenges to stable residence.
Top Military & Veterans Resources
- Published: November 8, 2013Discusses how child support agencies can assist veterans in their caseloads and identifies promising practices
- Published: September 27, 2013Contains a two-day course curriculum targeted for child support workers who process cases involving military members
- Published: September 6, 2013Provides information on child support for military families
- Published: November 10, 2012Describes child support's participation in veteran Stand Down events
- Published: May 15, 2012Provides information on the issues that must be addressed when a respondent is in military service
- Published: April 10, 2012Steps to take if your employee is called up for active duty
- View More Resources >