FPLS Minor Release 10-01
This is a historical document. Use for research and reference purposes only.
DEAR COLLEAGUE LETTER
DATE: May 12, 2010
TO: ALL STATE AND TRIBAL IV-D DIRECTORS
RE: FPLS Minor Release 10-01
On May 7, 2010, the Federal Office of Child Support Enforcement (OCSE) is implementing the two remaining components of Minor Release 10-01 of the Federal Parent Locator Service (FPLS). This release includes enhancements to the Child Support Enforcement Network (CSENet), Federal Case Registry (FCR), Insurance Match, Intergovernmental Referral Guide (IRG), Interstate Case Reconciliation (ICR), and the State Services Portal (SSP).
Child Support Enforcement Network (CSENet):
- Allow all International and Tribal Codes (OCSE Ref. #360) The CSENet application modification accepts all tribal codes from the Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) and all international country codes from the International Standards Organization (ISO) in the Order FIPS County field.
- Expand Edits for International Addresses (OCSE Ref. #367) The CSENet application modification adds/updates Canadian provinces and Mexican state abbreviations.
The following components were implemented previously:
Federal Case Registry (FCR) (implemented in March 2010):
- Implement Print Programs into FCR Cycle (OCSE Ref. #2796)
The FCR modification provides states with the option to receive selected FPLS response information in a report format.
Insurance Match (implemented in September 2009):
- SSN Verification for Unmatched SSNs (OCSE Ref. #2737)
The system modification implements a process to associate the unmatched insurer-provided SSN with the obligor SSN.
Intergovernmental Referral Guide (IRG) (implemented April 2010):
- Query Profile Questions (OCSE Ref. #2933)
The system modification provides states with a method to query responses for a specific profile question from other states.
Interstate Case Reconciliation (ICR) (implemented in April 2010):
- Use the FCR to Identify ICR “Not Found” Interstate Cases (OCSE Ref. #2789)
The system modification compares Reason 01 responses against the FCR.
State Services Portal (SSP) (implemented in April 2010):
- Establish State Services Portal (OCSE Ref. #2863)
The State Services Portal (SSP) is being added to FPLS to provide internet-based access for authorized state user to the Query Interstate Cases of Kids (QUICK) FPLS web application. Other web applications will be added to the portal incrementally.
States may contact their state Technical Support (TS) liaisons with questions regarding the FCR enhancements, or to discuss programming enhancements that would enable state systems to effectively process the data and maximize data usage.
For questions regarding the CSENet enhancements, contact the CSENet Help Desk at(800) 258-2736. A list of technical representatives who are assigned to your state is located on the OCSE website.
For questions regarding the ICR enhancement, contact Kenny Nesbit at (703) 272-5953 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions regarding the IRG enhancement, contact Angela Kasey at (703) 367-1659 or email@example.com.
If you have questions regarding Insurance Match or the State Services Portal, please contact Kathy Miller at (703) 367-3076 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Office of Child Support Enforcement
cc: ACF/OCSE Regional Program Managers