FPLS Minor Release 11-01
This is a historical document. Use for research and reference purposes only.
DEAR COLLEAGUE LETTER
DATE: May 31, 2011
TO: ALL STATE AND TRIBAL IV-D DIRECTORS
RE: FPLS Minor Release 11-01
On June 3, 2011, the Federal Office of Child Support Enforcement (OCSE) will implement most of Minor Release 11-01 of the Federal Parent Locator Service (FPLS). This release includes enhancements to the Child Support Enforcement Network (CSENet), Electronic Income Withholding Order (e-IWO), Federal Case Registry (FCR), Federal Offset, Insurance Match and Query Interstate Cases for Kids (QUICK).
Electronic Income Withholding Order (e-IWO)
- New e-IWO Reason Codes (OCSE Ref. #3223) – The e-IWO is being modified to include new acknowledgement disposition reason codes to highlight why an order was rejected.
- Revised e-IWO Form (OCSE Ref. #3224) – The e-IWO is being modified to incorporate recent revisions to the IWO form for the PDF order that is generated by the e-IWO application.
Federal Case Registry (FCR)
- Online Locates (OCSE Ref. #3213) – The FPLS State Services Portal (SSP) is being enhanced to provide states with an alternative method to facilitate locating case participants.
- Return Wages and Income on AD Locates (OCSE Ref. #3245) – The FCR is being modified to allow the responses for Locate requests for adoption purposes to include wages and income for persons if they are found.
- Correct an Unverified State-Submitted SSN (OCSE Ref. #3221) – The Federal Offset System is being modified to obtain corrected SSNs using SSA routines if a state-submitted SSN cannot be verified.
Query Interstate Cases for Kids (QUICK)
- Provide Case Closure Information in QUICK (OCSE Ref. #3194) – The QUICK system is being modified to provide new case closure information.
The following components were implemented previously:
Query Interstate Cases for Kids (QUICK) (implemented in October 2010)
- New Data Code for Non-IV-D Order Information Not Provided (OCSE Ref. #3102) – The QUICK system has been modified so states can send a standard data message to the requesting state when it does not provide data on non-IV-D orders.
Child Support Enforcement Network (CSENet) (implemented in March 2011)
- New Transactions for Case Closure, Interest and Arrearage Notification (OCSE Ref. #376) – The CSENet application has been modified to allow new transactions that support the revised federal intergovernmental regulations.
The following components will be implemented at a later date:
Debt Inquiry Service (to be implemented July 2011)
- Debt Inquiry Service (OCSE Ref. #3210) – The new Debt Inquiry Service will provide states, via the FPLS State Services Portal (SSP), with information concerning individuals who are eligible to receive a lump sum payment from an employer or insurer.
Federal Case Registry (FCR) (to be implemented July 2011)
- DoD Entitlement Data (OCSE Ref. #3117) – The FCR is being enhanced to enable states to request and receive DoD entitlement data through the State Services Portal (SSP).
States may contact their state Technical Support (TS) Liaisons with questions regarding the FCR enhancements, or to discuss programming enhancements that would enable state systems to effectively process the data and maximize data usage.
For questions regarding e-IWO, contact the e-IWO Team at email@example.com.
For questions regarding the CSENet/QUICK enhancements, contact the CSENet Help Desk at (800) 258-2736. A list of state technical representatives is located on the OCSE website.
For questions regarding Federal Offset, contact Rebecca Hamil at (202) 205-5612 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions regarding the Debt Inquiry Service, contact Erica Holliman at (202) 401-5730, or email@example.com.
Office of Child Support Enforcement
cc: ACF/OCSE Regional Program Managers