Insurance Match Workgroup Conference Call 8-8-06
This is a historical document. Use for research and reference purposes only.
The Insurance Match (IM) Workgroup is comprised of representatives from the insurance industry, State Child Support Enforcement (CSE) Agencies and the Federal Office of Child Support Enforcement (OCSE). The minutes summarize decisions and discussions from the meeting held on August 8, 2006 to:
- Review and approve the minutes from the July 25, 2006, Workgroup conference call
- Continue to review the consensus items including the potential amount of the claim, a periodic vs. lump sum indicator, attorney of record, automation, Family Violence, filtering duplicate matches, frequency of matching and matching on all types of insurance claims
- Discuss whether Federal and state government entities will be contacted to discuss their role in the insurance match
- Discuss that other types of insurance companies such as life insurance should be reported through the insurance match
- Review the Implementation Alternatives Evaluation Criteria