Insurance Match Workgroup Meeting with Insurance Companies 8-17-06
This is a historical document. Use for research and reference purposes only.
The Insurance Match (IM) Workgroup is comprised of representatives from the insurance industry, State Child Support Enforcement (CSE) Agencies and the Federal Office of Child Support Enforcement (OCSE). The purpose of the meeting was to identify and discuss options for implementing the child support insurance match provisions contained in the Deficit Reduction Act of 2005. The provisions allow OCSE to compare information concerning individuals owing past-due support with information maintained by insurers or their agents concerning insurance claims, settlements, awards, and payments and to return the matched data to State CSE Agencies to collect past-due child support. The meeting minutes summarize the following:
- Overview of the multistate financial institution data match (MSFIDM) program since there are similarities between the existing MSFIDM program and the IM initiative
- Presentations from CO, MA, NY, RI and IA about the process for their current insurance match programs
- Best Practices and gaps/issues with each of the State processes
- Personal injury and workers' compensation claims process information from insurance industry representatives
- Implementation alternatives