Notice of State Plan Package Renewal
DATE: August 3, 2011
ATTACHMENTS: State Plan Table of Contents, OCSE-21-U4 (State Plan Transmittal Form), and State Plan Preprint Page 1.1
TO: State Agencies Administering Child Support Enforcement Plans under Title IV-D of the Social Security Act and Other Interested Individuals
SUBJECT: Notice of State Plan Package Renewal
BACKGROUND: As a condition of receiving Federal Financial Participation, the state IV-D agency must have an approved state plan describing the nature and scope of its child support program, and which meets all federal requirements. The state plan consists of the preprinted state plan pages and any related attachments and contains all information necessary for the Office of Child Support Enforcement (OCSE) to determine whether a state plan can be approved. Sections 454 and 466 of the Social Security Act set forth the requirements for submission of a state plan and plan amendments for the child support program.
CONTENT: In accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995, OCSE must ask the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for approval of the entire state plan. On July 24, 2011, OMB approved the State Plan for three years. The new expiration date is July 31, 2014.
Several technical revisions were made to the Table of Contents and one technical revision was made to a preprint page. The changes are as follows:
- The title of preprint page 2.6 has been revised to reflect new title, Provision of Services in Intergovernmental IV-D Cases, as indicated in AT-10-08.
- Parenthetic information listed behind the title of preprint page 2.12-5, Paternity Establishment, has been removed.
- The title of preprint page 2.12-10 has been revised to reflect the new title, Review and Adjustment of Child Support Orders, as indicated in AT-08-01.
- The title of preprint page 2.15 has been revised to reflect the new title, Annual State Self-Assessment Review and Report, as indicated in AT-10-08.
- Preprint page 3.12 has been removed from the Table of Contents because the requirement for states to submit this page was removed by AT-99-01; thus, it is no longer applicable.
- Preprint page 1.1 has been revised to reflect the correct title of related attachment, 1.1A.
RELATED REFERENCES: AT-99-01, AT-00-10, AT-08-01, AT-10-08, and DCL-10-22
ACTION REQUIRED: No action required
INQUIRIES TO: ACF/ OCSE Regional Program Managers
Office of Child Support Enforcement
cc: Tribal IV-D Directors