Release 13-02 Implementation
This is a historical document. Use for research and reference purposes only.
DEAR COLLEAGUE LETTER
DATE: October 4, 2013
TO: ALL STATE AND TRIBAL IV-D DIRECTORS
RE: Release 13-02 Implementation
Following is a summary of enhancements to the Federal Parent Locator Service (FPLS) included in Release 13-02.
Federal Case Registry (FCR) – October 2013
- Return Additional VA Information on Locate Responses (OCSE Ref. #4603): The FCR will use additional address information returned from the Veteran’s Affairs (VA) Compensation and Pension file.
Electronic Document Exchange (EDE) – December 2013
- Provide County FIPS Code (OCSE Ref. #4605): EDE will supply states with the county Federal Information Processing Standards code information on a case.
Query Interstate Cases for Kids (QUICK) – December 2013
- Enhance QUICK (OCSE Ref. #4718): We will make several enhancements to the QUICK system in response to state user recommendations.
Already In Production
Intergovernmental Reference Guide (IRG) – May 2013
- Add International Payment Address Type (OCSE Ref. #4696): An additional address type for countries and provinces was added to reflect payment addresses.
Electronic Income Withholding Order (e-IWO) – June 2013
- Provide Message for Social Security Administration (SSA) Error Codes (OCSE Ref. #4682): The e-IWO application now includes the specific reason why SSA rejected an e-IWO transaction.
Federally Assisted State Transmitted (FAST) Levy – July 2013
- Implement Federally Assisted State Transmitted (FAST) Levy (OCSE Ref. #4257): We supplied a new file transfer process, allowing states and multistate financial institutions to exchange information about levy actions electronically, through a single, centralized location.
Federal Case Registry (FCR) – August 2013
- Request and View FCR Data on the Portal (OCSE Ref. #4544): The State Services Portal (SSP) now supplies a real-time query to the FCR by Social Security number.
- Allow Child Welfare Agencies Access to Online Locates (OCSE Ref. #4545): The SSP Locate application allows access to child welfare agencies (IV-B and IV-E). This initially includes only those states participating in the pilot.
Federal Offset System (FOS) –August 2013
- Enable States to Upload and Download FOS Files Through the Portal (OCSE Ref. # 4627): FOS now allows states to upload files using the Portal. The download option is being further tested and will be released later.
Federal Case Registry (FCR) – September 2013
- Initiate Proactive Matching with SSA Title XVI (SSI) (OCSE Ref. #4574): The FCR can now proactively send a State Verification and Exchange System (SVES) Title XVI record to states when a case participant is approved for, or terminated from, Title XVI benefits. The FCR will also provide the Title XVI dates on the MSFIDM response record.
For additional details regarding the release, refer to the Manifest and Specifications, posted on the FPLS Release Management Resources web page.
Office of Child Support Enforcement
cc: ACF/OCSE Regional Program Managers