< Back to Search

Switzerland Correspondence and Payment Processing Information

Published: July 15, 2013

Correspondence:  State agencies should send all child support case correspondence to the Federal Office of Justice, Central Authority for Maintenance Matters: 

Central Authority for Maintenance Matters
Bundesrain, 20
3003 Bern

Phone: 011-41-31-324-8048
Fax: 011-41-31-322-4279
Website: http://www.bj.admin.ch/content/bj/en/home.html


Payments: State agencies should send child support payments directly to the payment address indicated in the application (different in each case).

Payment addresses are different in each case sent from Switzerland to the United States of America and costs for cashing checks in Switzerland are very high. Therefore the Swiss Central Authority will in each application indicate two payment addresses which are only valid for the particular case: The payment address for bank transfer and the address to which checks have to be sent if bank transfer is not possible. If in a case there is a doubt where to send payments, it is recommended to contact the Swiss Central Authority

Source: A Caseworker’s Guide to Processing Cases with Switzerland (Page 8); IRG


Was this page helpful?

Step One
I found this page helpful because the content on the page: (check all that apply)
I did not find this page helpful because the content on the page: (check all that apply)

Your feedback is important to us and will help improve our website. Thank you!

Step Two
Back to Top