Instructions for Electronic Submission
- Electronic applications must be submitted to www.Grants.gov by 11:59 p.m., ET, on the due date.
- A DUNS Number and current registration at the Central Contractor Registry (CCR) are required. DUNS and CCR registration are part of the www.Grants.gov registration process. See “Get Registered”
- ACF will not accept applications via facsimile or email.
- The electronic application can be downloaded from www.Grants.gov.
- It is to an applicant's advantage to submit their applications at least 24 hours in advance of the application due date and time in order to correct any failures found during the application validation check.
Electronic submission at www.Grants.gov is two-step process:
- Submission by the due date and time.
- Application validation check.
- Electronically submitted applications will not pass the validation check at Grants.gov if the AOR does not have a current CCR registration and electronic signature credentials.
- Read and observe all application submission requirements
- Observe the formatting requirements and page limitations provided in the Section IV.2. Formatting ACF Applications section for electronic applications.
- Carefully read and observe electronic file naming conventions provided in the application submission instructions
- Use only file formats supported by ACF. See Section IV.2. Formatting ACF Applications.
- If applicants encounter any technical difficulties in using www.Grants.gov, contact the Grants.gov Contact Center at:1-800-518-4726, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, to report the problem and obtain assistance. Hours of Operation: 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The Grants.gov Contact Center is closed on Federal holidays.
- Applicants should retain Grants.gov Contact Center service ticket number(s) as they may be needed for future reference.
- Applicants that submit their applications electronically should retain a hard copy of their application package.
- Contact with the Grants.gov Contact Center prior to the listed due date and time does not ensure acceptance of your application. If difficulties are encountered, the Grants Management Officer listed in Section VII. Agency Contacts will determine whether the submission issues are due to Grants.gov system errors or user error.
Last Reviewed: July 20, 2015