The Administration for Community Living (ACL) is providing this competitive grants opportunity to eligible state agencies for implementing the requirements of the Lifespan Respite Care Act of 2006 (P.L. 109-442). ACL plans to fund up to approximately three (3) grants to New States, with a federal funding level of up to $200,000 per award for a 36 month project period, pending the availability of Federal funds.
Eligible state agencies funded under this announcement shall use grant funds for planning, establishing and expanding/enhancing Lifespan Respite Care systems in the states, including new and planned emergency respite services, training and recruiting respite workers and volunteers and assisting caregivers with gaining access to needed services.
This is a limited grant competition. Awards will only be made to eligible States/state agencies who:
- Administer the State’s programs under the Older Americans Act of 1965; or
- Administer title XIX of the social Security Act; or
- Are designated by the Governor of the State to administer the State’s programs under this title; AND who are
- An aging and disability resource center working in collaboration with a state respite coalition or organization; AND
- Did not receive funding under this program in FYs 2009 - 2013