Native American Affairs Advisory Council
The Native American Affairs Advisory Council was recently created and will function as an agency work group to support the Assistant Secretary for Children and Families, the Commissioner, Administration for Native Americans, and all ACF program and regional offices that provide services to Native Americans.
The Chair of the Council is Lillian Sparks, Commissioner, Administration for Native Americans. Membership consists of Executive Principals from the following ACF Offices/Bureaus:
- Administration for Children and Families
- Administration on Children, Youth and Families
- Administration on Developmental Disabilities
- Administration for Native Americans
- Office of Child Care
- Office of Child Support Enforcement
- Office of Community Services
- Office of Family Assistance
- Office of Head Start
- Office of Planning, Research and Evaluation
- The President's Committee for People with Intellectual Disabilities
One of the first activities to be carried out by the Council is the development an ACF Tribal Consultation Policy that was signed on August 18, 2011. This Policy may be updated every 2 years. Other activities include the development of this webpage which will be used to post information that ACF believes will be of interest to the tribes and Native Americans that we serve.