ACF Tribal and Native American Resources
Welcome to the Administration for Children and Families’ Tribal and Native American Resources page. Here you will find information about ACF's Tribal Initiative, upcoming events or trainings, federal funding opportunities, and resources of interest to Tribal and Native communities. ACF is committed to working with Tribal Governments in building a strong partnership regarding our programs and the services they provide. ACF provides the largest amount of funding to Native Americans located throughout the nation and the territories of Guam, American Samoa and the Northern Marianna Islands outside of the funds provided by the Indian Health Service. Out of a budget of almost $50 Billion, ACF awards on the average $647 Million to Native Americans from the following programs Head Start, Child Care, TANF, LIHEAP, Child Support and the Administration for Native Americans to name a few.
Tribal Initiatives at ACF
- Native American Affairs Advisory Council (NAAAC) At the Council, we share information about what is happening within each office and within HHS that may affect Native American communities, and coordinate activities. The NAAAC is responsible for the Native American Affairs Workgroup (aka Liaison Workgroup), who serve as tribal liaisons and are the points of contact on tribal related matters affecting their programs.
- Tribal Advisory Committee (TAC) supports the Acting Assistant Secretary as he carries out his duties and responsibilities that affect Native Americans. Contact Information
- Tribal Consultation ACF is required to consult with Indian Tribes in accordance with E.O. 13175 and President Obama’s memorandum of November 9, 2010. ACF has a consultation policy that aligns with the HHS Tribal Consultation Policy and annually we hold a consultation session. ACF posts our written response to testimony below under "Spotlight".
- ACF Funding Opportunities for Tribes and Native Communities
- Funding Opportunities Outside of ACF for Tribes and Native Communities
- Projected Funding Opportunities Within Health and Human Services
|SPOTLIGHT||Training & Events||TRIBAL resources|