The following are links to the current statute and regulations governing the TANF program. The first is compiled by the Social Security Administration, and the second links to the Code of Federal Regulations website.
The following document the statutory development and history of the TANF program.
The following are links to specific regulations affecting the TANF program.
- TANF Final Rule – April 12, 1999
- Tribal TANF and Native Employment Works Final Rule – February 18, 2000
- Charitable Choice Final Rule – September 30, 2003
- Reauthorization of TANF Interim Final Rule – June 29, 2006
- Reauthorization of TANF Final Rule – February 5, 2008
- Cost Allocation Methodology for the TANF Final Rule – July 23, 2008
- TANF Carry-Over Funds Interim Final Rule – May 27, 2009
- TANF Carry Over Funds Final Rule – April 6, 2010 (pdf 64KB)
- Notice of Proposed Rulemaking on Policies and Practices to Prevent the EBT Transactions at Specified Locations – February 06, 2014
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) Program, State Reporting On Policies and Practices To Prevent Use of TANF Funds in Electronic Benefit Transfer Transactions in Specified Locations – January 15, 2016
Last Reviewed: August 30, 2016