Unaccompanied Children Program
Key Documents for the Unaccompanied Children Program
FOR PROVIDERS AND SPONSORS:
- Request for UC Case File Information (Instructions)
- Authorization for Release of Records (Download form)
- Request for Specific Consent to Juvenile Court Jurisdiction (ORR C-1) – Specific Consent Form (DOC 83KB)
- Special Immigrant Juvenile Status – Specific Consent Program Instructions (PDF 95KB)
FOR HEALTHCARE PROVIDERS:
Requesting Vaccination Records
Unaccompanied children (UC) are vaccinated while in ORR custody in accordance with the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) catch-up schedule. When children are released to sponsors, they are given their vaccination records.
If you believe your patient is a former UC who was in ORR custody and the patient is missing vaccination records, please fill out this document to have the vaccination record released to your office.
- Box 1: Fill out the patient’s name, alien number, and date of birth. ORR cannot confirm if the patient was in ORR custody without the alien number.
- Box 3: Fill out the provider’s name, the name of the clinic, and the clinic’s mailing address. Under mailing address, please enter the clinic or provider’s phone number and fax number.
- Box 5: If the patient is over the age of 14 years, have the patient sign; if the patient is under the age of 14 years, have the parent, guardian, or sponsor sign. A witness must also sign (can be the healthcare provider or clinic staff).
- Fax the form to (210) 208-5204, or email it to email@example.com.
Upon receipt of the form, a representative will contact you at the phone number provided within 30 minutes. Representatives are available 7 days a week, from 9am to 9pm (Eastern Standard Time). If you do not hear from a representative, call 1-800-203-7001.
Note that many undocumented children who were apprehended with a parent or legal guardian may have been detained in the Department of Homeland Security’s family unit detention centers. ORR would not have their vaccination records.
- Authorization for Release of Records (vaccination records only)
If you need medical records other than vaccinations, follow the process here.
FOR UNACCOMPANIED CHILDREN:
- An Introduction to What You Need to Know About Your Rights and Responsibilities Under the Law (PDF 109KB) (Español PDF 141KB)
- Notice of Rights and Provision of Services (PDF 113KB) (Español PDF 122KB)
- Know Your Rights Handout
English (PDF 213KB) | Español (PDF 228KB)
- Notice to Juvenile Aliens in Federal Facilities Funded by DHS or HHS by Reason of Their Immigration Status
English (PDF 21KB) | Español (PDF 89KB) | Haitian Creole (PDF 64KB) | Mandarin (PDF 60KB) | Hindu (PDF 86KB)
- Legal Resource Guide – Legal Service Provider List for UC in ORR Care (PDF 340KB)
- Legal Resource Guide (Español) – Guía de Recursos Legales (PDF 358KB)
- CA Department of Social Services - Unaccompanied Children Legal Services Provider List (December 2014)
FOR FAMILIES, SPONSORS AND UNACCOMPANIED CHILDREN:
ORR National Call Center Information
- ORR National Call Center Flyer in English and Español (PDF 155 KB)
- Wallet Card English (PDF 416 KB) Español (PDF 86 KB)
- UC Sexual Abuse Hotline Flyer in English (PDF 198 KB) and Español (PDF 199 KB)
In-Country Refugee/Parole Processing for Minors in Honduras, El Salvador and Guatemala (Central American Minors – CAM)
LEGAL BACKGROUND AND AUTHORITY
Title XII of the Violence Against Women Reauthorization Act of 2013 (amending the Trafficking Victims Protection Reauthorization Act of 2008)
Special Immigrant Juveniles: Perez-Olano v. Holder Settlement Agreement
- Special Immigrant Juvenile Application (DOC 131KB) (PDF 168KB)
- Special Immigrant Juvenile Decline of Placement (DOC 39KB) (PDF 49KB)
- Notice for Special Immigrant Juveniles (PDF 16KB)
- Notice of Proposed Settlement and Hearing in Class Action for Special Immigrant Juveniles (PDF 24KB)
- Signed Settlement Agreement (PDF 5.4MB)
- LOPC Overview (DOC 161KB)
- Authorization for Release of Information (DOC 40LB)
- Digital Fingerprint Instructions for Sponsors (DOC 35KB)
- Family Reunification Application (DOC 41KB)
- Family Reunification Checklist for Sponsors (DOC 43KB)
- Family Reunification Packet Cover Letter (PDF 43KB)
- Sponsor Care Agreement (DOC 38KB)
- Letter of Designation for Care of a Minor (DOC 48KB)
- Autorización para la Divulgación de Información (DOC 41KB)
- Instrucciones Sobre la Toma de Huellas Digitales Para Patrocinadores (DOC 34KB)
- Solicitud de Reunificación Familiar (DOC 41KB)
- Lista de Control de la Reunificación Familiar para Patrocinadores (DOC 38KB)
- Solicitud de Reunificación Familiar Carta Adjunta (PDF 60KB)
- Acuerdo de Cuidado del Patrocinador (DOC 37KB)
- Carta de Designación para el Cuidado de un Menor (DOC 34KB)