PCPID Quarterly Meeting: August 16, 2011
President’s Committee for People with Intellectual Disabilities
August 16, 2011
- The President’s Committee for People with Intellectual Disabilities (PCPID)
- Announcements, Meeting Announcements, Publication (Documents and Resources), Meeting Minutes
- Meeting Minutes, Meeting Announcement
- Inform staff of self-advocates who should be invited to the September face-to-face meeting as speakers/presenters.
- Conduct interviews with people with intellectual disabilities regarding the effects of entitlement and discretionary programs on their lives and the difficulties that could arise from the funding cuts of the Budget Control Act.
Co-Chairs of Subcommittee
- Develop the proposed outline and structure for the 2011 Report to the President, with subheadings for potential themes and topics.
- Research areas beyond employment and the Affordable Care Act/Medicaid that should be added to the 2011 Report.
- Continue researching information on how entitlement and discretionary programs, within the Working Group’s chosen topic, related to people with intellectual disabilities.
- Compile success stories of people with intellectual disabilities who have been impacted by entitlement and discretionary programs.
- Convert the meeting recording into minutes.
- Continue providing support to Working Groups in their pursuit of information related to Employment and ACA/Medicaid.
- Contact the Office of Public Affairs about the possibility of media coverage for the September 26-27, 2011 Committee Meeting.
- Contact the Office of Management and Budget, to request recommendation of a speaker to present an overview of the Budget Control Act and its impact on people with intellectual disabilities to present at the September Committee Meeting.