Update on Applications for FY 2013 Funding Opportunity Announcements
August 14, 2013
We’d like to provide a short update on the status of applications that were submitted in response to our FY2013 Funding Opportunity Announcements (FOAs).
As is the case every year, the total amount of requests for funding far exceeded the total amount of funding available. Below is a breakdown of the number of applications we received, along with the number that we expected to fund as noted in the FOAs. Please note that this is not a notice of award.
In some cases, there is a discrepancy between the number of applications that were received and the number which were actually reviewed by panels. The reason for this is that as part of our review process, ACF screens applications to determine whether each application meets one of the disqualification criteria, as specified in the FOA. Common reasons for an application being screened out include applications that are submitted late, applications that are submitted in paper format without prior approval of an exemption, and applications with requests that exceed the award ceiling for that particular FOA. For those applications that have been disqualified under the initial ACF screening, notice will be provided by postal mail.
- Environmental Regulatory Enhancement: ANA received 16 applications for funding, of which 15 were paneled. We expect to be able to fund four.
- Native American Language Preservation and Maintenance—Esther Martinez Initiative: ANA received 15 applications, of which 14 were paneled. We expect to be able to make five awards.
- Native Asset Building Initiative (NABI): We received five applications and are expecting to panel three of them. The deadline for submission was 7/15/2013. We will be reviewing these applications in two weeks.
- Native American Language Preservation and Maintenance: We received 93 applications, and reviewed 77 of them. From these, we expect to make 10 awards.
- Social & Economic Development Strategies (SEDS): We received a total of 144 applications, and reviewed 126. Of these, we expect to award 20.
- Sustainable Economic and Employment Development Strategies (SEEDS): We received 91 applications, and will be reviewing 62 of these. The deadline for submission was 7/15/2013. We will be reviewing these applications in two weeks.
Successful applicants will be notified through the issuance of a Notice of Award (NOA) that sets forth the details of the amount of funds granted, terms and conditions of the grant, and so forth. Please note that grant awards will not allow reimbursement of pre-award costs.
For more information on the funding terms and other policies, please refer to the Funding Opportunity Announcement under which you applied. If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us by phone at (877) 922-9262 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We appreciate the time and efforts of all applicants for ANA funding. We also appreciate the time and effort of the panel reviewers who worked hard to ensure that every application was given a thorough and objective review.