Other Related Links
The following organizations and resources facilitate work in a variety of child welfare practice areas.
- National Child Welfare Workforce Institute's Leadership Academy - Offers evidence-based leadership training and development to supervisors and middle managers. The training can enhance managerial ability to initiate and support organizational changes that lead to improved outcomes for children, families, and communities. The Leadership Academy for Supervisors provides free online training for supervisors, and the Leadership Academy for Middle Managers consists of five days of residential classroom training. Both courses are followed by peer networking events. Certificates and CEUs are available.
- CBX Video - Find out more about the Children's Bureau's online digest, Children's Bureau Express.
- Understanding and Complying With Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and the Multiethnic Placement Act of 1994, as amended by the Interethnic Adoption Provisions (IEP).
- Understanding Substance Use Disorders, Treatment and Family Recovery: A Guide for Child Welfare Professionals - This tutorial is a primer on alcohol and drug addiction and substance abuse treatment and recovery. Topics covered include treatment readiness and treatment effectiveness, cross-system communication and collaboration and contact information for other national resources.
- CFSP/APSR Toolkit - This toolkit is a central location for technical assistance documents and materials, as well as references to specific laws, policies and checklists that relate to the development of the state and tribal Child and Family Services Plan (CFSP) and Annual Progress and Services Report (APSR).