Information, Training & Technical Assistance
Organizations that offer information and T&TA to help states, tribes, policymakers, and child welfare professionals improve services, programs, management, and more.
- Child Welfare Information Gateway – Provides access to print and electronic publications, websites, and online databases covering a wide range of child welfare topics, including child abuse prevention, family preservation, foster care, domestic and intercountry adoption, search and reunion, and much more.
- Child Welfare Workforce Institute – Provides leadership development training, mentoring, and technical assistance to mid-level managers in public and tribal child welfare agencies throughout the country. Participation is intended to increase the effectiveness of mid-level managers and to build human capital needed in child welfare agencies in order to improve outcomes for vulnerable children and families in those systems.
- Technical Assistance Center for Children's Mental Health – Dedicated to helping states, tribes, territories and communities build systems of care that improve access to quality care and improve outcomes for children with or at risk of emotional disorders and their families.
- Technical Assistance Network for Children's Behavioral Health – Provides technical assistance to systems of care communities funded by the Comprehensive Community Mental Health Services for Children and Their Families program to effectively meet the behavioral health needs of children and youth and their families.
- Child Abuse and Neglect Technical Assistance and Strategic Dissemination Center (CANTASD) – Plans for and delivers effective technical assistance and strategic dissemination activities that support agency priorities around child maltreatment issues. It creates tools and resources for the front end of the child welfare system (e.g., primary and secondary prevention, child protective services and investigation, and multidisciplinary and interagency collaborations to address and respond to child maltreatment).
Last Reviewed: June 25, 2015