Additional SACWIS/TACWIS Resources
This section provides additional resources about Statewide/Tribal Automated Child Welfare Information Systems, including related organizations and federal guidance.
Child Welfare and Human Services Advocacy and Resource Organizations
The following links provide information about membership organizations and training entities that focus on policy, program advocacy, and technical assistance about information technology and child welfare data issues.
- American Public Human Services Association (APHSA)
- Child Welfare League of America (CWLA)
- National Resource Center for Child Welfare Data and Technology (NRC-CWDT)
The following links provide resources, such as federal laws, regulations, policies, and guidance, from federal agencies whose work is related to information systems.
Laws and regulations:
- Code of Federal Regulations @ GPO Access
- Federal Register @ GPO Access
- United States Code @ GPO Access
- Compilation of the Social Security Laws
- Thomas - Legislative Information on the Internet
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS)
- National Institutes of Standards and Technology (NIST)
Federal initiatives of interest:
- HHS Enterprise Architecture
- Overview of the Health Information Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) of 1996 @ the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS)
- Medicaid Information Technology Architecture (MITA)
- National Information Exchange Model (NIEM)
Information Technology (IT)
The following links provide information on organizations that provide IT standards or that offer relevant content about system development, project management, technology innovations, and best practices.
- American National Standards Institute (ANSI)
- CERT ® Coordination Center
- Carnegie Mellon Software Engineering Institute (SEI)
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, Inc. (IEEE)
- International Organization for Standardization (ISO)
- Project Management Institute (PMI)
- The Open Group
- World Wide Web Consortium (W3C)