Additional Federal Guidance
This resource contains links providing access to page listings of websites that may be of interest to those who are planning, developing or operating a SACWIS. Please submit to Kristy Stankovich suggestions for additional websites that we can link to our website.
Child Welfare and Human Services Advocacy and Resource Organizations
The following links provide information on membership organizations that focus on policy, program advocacy, technical assistance and training entities who offer practical assistance in information technology and child welfare data issues.
- American Public Human Services Association (APHSA)
- Child Welfare League of America (CWLA)
- National Resource Center for Child Welfare Data and Technology (NRC-CWDT)
- CWISTraining.org @ State Information Technology Consortium
The following links to provide information on Federal laws, regulations, policies, guidance and other resources of Federal agencies whose work is related to information systems.
Laws and regulations:
- GPO Access
- Health and Human Services (HHS).
- National Institutes of Standards and Technology (NIST)
Federal initiatives of interest:
- HHS Enterprise Architecture
- Overview of the Health Information Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) of 1996 @ the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS)
- Medicaid Information Technology Architecture (MITA)
- National Information Exchange Model (NIEM)
The following links provide information of organizations that provide IT standards, or that offer relevant content about system development, and project management guidance, and technology innovations and best practices.
- American National Standards Institute (ANSI)
- CERT ® Coordination Center
- Carnegie Mellon Software Engineering Institute (SEI)
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, Inc. (IEEE)
- International Organization for Standardization (ISO)
- National Association of State Chief Information Officers (NASCIO)
- Project Management Institute (PMI)
- The Open Group
- World Wide Web Consortium (W3C)