This page provides links to Program Instructions related to SACWIS/TACWIS.
- ACYF-CB-PI-96-15: Informed states of the extension of enhanced funding through Federal fiscal year 1997, and provided guidance on claiming holdback and other types of payments made after September 30, 1997.
- ACYF-CB-PI-98-02: Among other things, the program instruction provided early notification of the impact of the new law on State Automated Child Welfare Information Systems (SACWIS).
- ACYF-CB-PI-01-05: Cost Allocation Policies for Operational SACWIS Systems. This announcement is a comprehensive overview of existing cost allocation requirements related to SACWIS operational costs.
- ACYF-CB-PI-06-01: Provided guidance on the availability of Federal Finance Participation (FFP) based on the status of a State's SACWIS project. The PI notes that SACWIS projects determined by ACF to be "high risk" may have operational costs reimbursed at the non-SACWIS administrative rate.
- ACYF-CB-PI-07-10: This document updates and clarifies ACYF policies affecting Federal Child Welfare Information Systems projects, including SACWIS.
- ACYF-CB-PI-09-01: This document provides information on Federal requirements for the use of Statewide Automated Child Welfare Information Systems (SACWIS) by private providers.
- ACYF-CB-PI-09-11: This PI provides guidance on the Federal Advance Planning Document (APD) regulations that Tribes have to comply with to claim title IV-B and/or title IV-E FFP for child welfare information technology projects, equipment, and services.
- ACYF-CB-PI-10-04: This PI provides guidance on National Youth in Transition Database (NYTD) reporting in a Statewide Automated Child Welfare Information Systems environment.
- ACYF-CB-PI-10-05: This PI provides guidelines for conducting pilots in a Statewide Automated Child Welfare Information system (SACWIS) environment.
- ACYF-CB-PI-11-01: This PI provides guidance to help title IV-E agencies with SACWIS systems interpret and determine the impact of policy changes concerning title IV-E foster care eligibility re-determinations and Fostering Connections legislation.
- ACYF-CB-PI-11-07: Provides information to States and Tribes regarding changes to the regulations at 45 CFR Part 95 related to the Advance Planning Document (APD) process used to obtain approval of Federal financial participation (FFP) for acquiring automated data processing equipment and services.
- ACYF-CB-PI-11-08: Provides information to States and Tribes concerning changes regarding the APD waiver process within the Federal regulations at 45 CFR 95, and offers guidance when requesting a waiver to use a commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) software product designed for the title IV-E or title IV-B programs.
- ACF-OA-PI-13-01: Provides information for states and tribes who request FFP for costs associated with an automated data processing project covering one or more of the human services programs established by the Social Security Act. This addresses the use of commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) software applications by these agencies, including purchased, leased and hosted proprietary software products and software-as-a-service (SaaS) applications.
- ACYF-CB-PI-14-05: Provides guidance to states and tribes who administer child welfare programs funded by title IV-E of the Social Security Act and are preparing for a federal compliance review of their automated child welfare information system. It describes a new S/TACWIS Review Instrument (SRI) used in the review process.
ACYF-CB-PI-15-05: This Program Instruction (PI) provides information on support from state and tribal child welfare information systems for the extension of Medicaid eligibility to young adults formerly in foster care and under age 26.
Last Reviewed: June 17, 2015