Title IV-E Legislation/Policy
This webpage provides information about legislation and policy related to the title IV-E foster care eligibility reviews:
Child Welfare Final Rule – Information from the Federal Register on the Title IV-E Foster Care Eligibility Reviews and Child and Family Services State Plan Reviews; Final Rule.
ACF Press Release – Issued January 25, 2000, this press release discusses the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) issuing "Final Child Welfare Regulations to Improve Services and Outcomes for Children."
Child Welfare Final Rule Executive Summary – Issued January 25, 2000
Adoption and Safe Families Act – Full text of the Adoption and Safe Families Act.
Policy Issuances (PI) – PIs and IMs issued related to Child Welfare Monitoring include:
- PI-02-06 - Title IV-E Foster Care Eligibility Reviews
- PI-10-02: Title IV-E Foster Care Eligibility Reviews and Monitoring of Certain Provisions under the Adam Walsh Child Protection and Safety Act of 2006
- IM-01-11 - Title IV-E Foster Care Eligibility Review Guide
- IM-12-08 - Revised Title IV-E Foster Care Eligibility Review Guide and Title IV-E Foster Care Eligibility On-Site Review Instrument
- IM-01-05 - Foster Family Home Licensing Principles for Compliance with Titles IV-B and IV-E Requirements: Guidance for States