Services OCSE Provides
The federal Office of Child Support Enforcement (OCSE) does not have direct access to your case information. To get help with your case or to apply for child support, contact your local child support office.
To contact your local office, select your state on the child support contact map to find your state or tribal website. Your state or tribal website will provide contact information for your local child support office.
OCSE helps child support agencies in the states and tribes develop, manage and operate their programs effectively and according to federal law. We:
- Financially support child support program operations
- Provide grants for state access & visitation programs
- Provide policy guidance and technical help
- Conduct audits and educational programs
- Support research and provide grants for program improvement
- Operate the Federal Parent Locator Service (FPLS) and the National Directory of New Hires (NDNH)
- Work with states to provide limited enforcement services, such as federal tax refund intercepts and passport denials
- Work with employers and other private and public partners
- Help with intergovernmental child support cases
Information for Families:
If you are a parent or family member, please visit our Families page to find child support resources specifically for you.
Issues with Your Local or State Child Support Agency:
If you cannot resolve your child support issue with your local office please do the following:
- Contact your state or tribal child support agency. They can work with your local child support office to help resolve your issue.
- If your problem does not get resolved, please contact the federal Office of Child Support Enforcement. We will contact your child support agency to help resolve your issue.
- If you have a child support case in the U.S. email firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you have a child support case with another country email email@example.com
Be sure to include case names, case number(s) and a description of your child support concern. You can also write to us at the address below.
Office of Child Support Enforcement
Administration for Children and Families
370 L’Enfant Promenade, S.W. Washington, D.C. 20447
OCSE Fact Sheet
Want to learn more about OCSE? Check out our Fact Sheet! There, you can read about our mission, purpose, goals and more to get a better sense of how our program serves children and families.Learn More