The Financial Institution Data Match (FIDM) program was federally mandated in 1996, resulting in a partnership between the child support program and the nation’s financial institutions to identify financial accounts belonging to delinquent obligors. With FIDM, state child support agencies can easily identify assets, and then take lien and levy action to seize the account.
Additional legislation in 1998 simplified the process for financial institutions doing business in more than one state by authorizing us to operate the Multistate Financial Institution Data Match (MSFIDM) program. OCSE enters into agreements with multistate financial institutions to compare information about individuals who owe past-due child support with their account records, and then sends matched records to state child support agencies.
For additional information on this enforcement initiative, please contact the OCSE MSFIDM Help Desk.
- June 13, 2012
- December 30, 2015
- January 12, 2015
Most Recent & Requested Documents for Financial Institutions RSS Feed
- Published: October 16, 2015Provides multistate financial institutions with quarterly reports on matches and states with reimbursement fees
- Published: July 20, 2015Provides multistate financial institutions with quarterly reports on matches and states with reimbursement fees
- Published: April 13, 2015Provides multistate financial institutions with quarterly reports on matches and states with reimbursement fees
- Published: February 17, 2015Provides background information, participation instructions, and the required form for exchanging MSFIDM data with OCSE
- Published: January 21, 2015
- Published: December 17, 2009Provides supporting legislation, participation and match requirements, and liability and fee information
- Published: January 12, 2015Provides specifications for quarterly matching of delinquent noncustodial parents to financial institution accounts
- Published: February 10, 2014Provides OCSE contact information for the multistate financial institution data match program
- Published: August 16, 1999Guidance on the imposition of liens and levies on financial institutions across state lines
- Published: June 13, 2012Provides an overview of the statutes that created the financial institution data match program