OCSE collects locate information from federal, state and private sources to help state child support programs establish and enforce fair and equitable child support orders. This information includes employment and wages, SSA benefits, military entitlements, financial accounts and balances, insurance claims, unemployment, and child support case data.
Two major location systems collect and exchange data daily:
- National Directory of New Hires (NDNH), which contains new hire information, wage records and unemployment insurance claims information submitted by states and federal agencies.
- Federal Case Registry (FCR), which contains information on all child support case participants.
Most Recent & Requested Documents for Location Systems RSS Feed
- Published: January 14, 2015Presents answers to questions raised by states in conference calls about Release 14-02
- Published: December 30, 2014Explains the enhancements to the FCR application's functionality in Release 14-02
- Published: December 3, 2014Information for federal agency employers on reporting new hires
- Published: October 22, 2014Contact information for federal agencies with questions and concerns related to the National Directory of New Hires
- Published: September 30, 2014Current status of options selected by states to receive additional FPLS data or take advantage of filtering offered by the FCR
- Published: January 4, 2013Provides state child support agencies with the technical aspects of establishing/maintaining interfaces between state systems and the FCR
- Published: December 7, 2011Provides federal and state agencies requesting NDNH data with a general overview of the NDNH and limitations on its use
- Published: May 17, 2012Links to states' new hire reporting websites for employers reporting their newly hired employees
- Published: April 10, 2013A national directory that contains employment (i.e., new hires and quarterly wages) and unemployment insurance information
- Published: December 29, 2011Provides information about the Federal Case Registry, a database that contains child support case and participant data