As the U.S. central authority for international child support, OCSE assists states and countries with cases when family members live in different countries. The U.S. government has arrangements with 26 foreign reciprocating countries and provinces (FRCs) to provide child support services. We work with the U.S. Department of State to negotiate and implement FRC arrangements and the new international Hague treaty for child support.
We offer services and resources to help international partners conduct child support business with the U.S., including:
- The OCSE Intergovernmental Reference Guide (IRG), an on-line searchable resource that provides policy and address information for all U.S. child support jurisdictions (see IDCL-12-02)
- International Dear Colleague Letters (IDCLs) to assist FRCs in doing child support business with the U.S.
- Locate services for FRCs searching for the state location of an individual in the U.S. who is involved in a child support case
State child support agencies
International cases are complex, and where you live will determine the steps you take to obtain child support services. If you have an international child support case, discuss your case with your state child support office. For answers to some frequently asked questions, please visit our International Case FAQs.
For more information, visit our Families page.
Foreign Reciprocating Country Featured Resources
State Child Support Agency Featured Resources
- January 7, 2013
- April 15, 2013
- April 16, 2013
- August 30, 2012
Most Recent & Requested Documents for International RSS Feed
- Published: April 13, 2015Provides information regarding the UIFSA 2008, Hague treaty provisions, and development of the treaty
- Published: October 9, 2014Notifies states of requirement to enact UIFSA 2008 in P.L. 113-183
- Published: September 30, 2014Provides a summary of the child support provisions in H.R. 4980
- Published: September 24, 2014Provides contact information for IRG locked accounts, new passwords, and technical assistance
- Published: September 17, 2014Provides correspondence and payment processing information for Ireland's Central Authority
- Published: February 4, 2012
Last Reviewed: June 17, 2015List of countries which were declared by the U.S. government as foreign reciprocating countries
- Published: February 4, 2013Declaration of reciprocity and official reference documents for cases with Canada
- Published: December 23, 2003Provides a copy of "A Caseworker's Guide to Processing Cases with Foreign Reciprocating Countries"
- Published: December 17, 2007
Last Reviewed: June 5, 2015Declaration of reciprocity and official reference documents for cases with the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
- Published: May 21, 2001
Last Reviewed: June 17, 2015Reciprocating Agreement and official reference documents for cases with Australia