As the U.S. central authority for international child support, OCSE assists states and countries with cases when family members live in different countries. The U.S. government has arrangements with 26 foreign reciprocating countries and provinces (FRCs) to provide child support services. We work with the U.S. Department of State to negotiate and implement FRC arrangements and the new international Hague treaty for child support.
We offer services and resources to help international partners conduct child support business with the U.S., including:
- The OCSE Intergovernmental Reference Guide (IRG), an on-line searchable resource that provides policy and address information for all U.S. child support jurisdictions (see IDCL-12-02)
- International Dear Colleague Letters (IDCLs) to assist FRCs in doing child support business with the U.S.
- Locate services for FRCs searching for the state location of an individual in the U.S. who is involved in a child support case
State child support agencies
If you have an international child support case, discuss your case with the state or local child support office. For more information, visit our Families page.
Foreign Reciprocating Country Featured Resources
State Child Support Agency Featured Resources
- January 7, 2013
- April 15, 2013
- April 16, 2013
- August 30, 2012
Most Recent & Requested Documents for International RSS Feed
- April 16, 2013Provides an updated version of the caseworker's guide to include information on Prince Edward Island
- April 15, 2013Provides a guide to assist caseworkers processing cases with Israel under the federal-level agreement
- February 22, 2013Provides clarification of Norway payment and correspondence addresses
- February 14, 2013Announces Prince Edward Island, Canada as a new foreign reciprocating country
- February 6, 2013Request for Foreign Reciprocating Countries to make payment checks payable to state SDUs
- February 4, 2012List of countries which were declared by the U.S. government as foreign reciprocating countries
- December 23, 2003Provides a copy of "A Caseworker's Guide to Processing Cases with Foreign Reciprocating Countries"
- February 4, 2013Declaration of reciprocity and official reference documents for cases with Canada
- August 17, 2012Provides contact information for the OCSE international child support program
- December 17, 2007Declaration of reciprocity and official reference documents for cases with the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland