OCSE proposes and implements national policy for the child support program. We provide guidance and training to help states and tribes develop and operate their individual programs according to federal law.
We issue guidance using several types of documents:
- Action Transmittal (AT) describes actions that programs must take to comply with new and amended federal laws.
- Dear Colleague Letter (DCL) conveys general information on program activities.
- Information Memorandum (IM) provides information on program practices that may be useful for program improvement.
- Policy Interpretation Question (PIQ) responds formally to policy inquiries.
- June 12, 2013
- April 15, 2013
- May 1, 2013
- February 27, 2013
- December 7, 2012
- February 27, 2013
- August 1, 2012
- January 31, 2013
Most Recent & Requested Documents for Policy RSS Feed
- June 12, 2013Provides states with draft copy of IRS Disclosure Matrix and comment form, along with completion instructions
- May 7, 2013Request for comment on renewal of Administrative Subpoena and Notice of Lien Forms
- May 1, 2013Announces the FY 2010-2014 National Child Support Strategic Plan
- April 18, 2013Provides summary of offset collections for OCSE Cycle 2013-15
- April 16, 2013Provides summary of offset collections for OCSE Cycle 2013-14
- February 4, 2012List of countries which were declared by the U.S. government as foreign reciprocating countries
- June 18, 2012Describes promising practices to help states reduce the need for civil contempt proceedings leading to incarceration
- December 28, 1998PRWORA provisions related to interstate child support enforcement case processing
- May 16, 2011Provides the revised Income Withholding for Support (IWO) Form and instructions and highlights recent changes
Collection of Child Support through Federal Income Tax Refund Offset, Administrative Offset, and Passport DenialJuly 6, 1998Collection of child support through Federal and administrative offset and passport denial programs