OCSE proposes and implements national policy for the child support program. We provide guidance and training to help states and tribes develop and operate their individual programs according to federal law.
We issue guidance using several types of documents:
- Action Transmittal (AT) describes actions that programs must take to comply with new and amended federal laws (available from 1975)
- Dear Colleague Letter (DCL) conveys general information on program activities (available from 1989)
- Information Memorandum (IM) provides information on program practices that may be useful for program improvement (available from 1989)
- Policy Interpretation Question (PIQ) responds formally to policy inquiries (available from 1999)
- International Policy transmits guidance on international child support (available from 1993)
- Tribal Policy provides guidance on tribal child support (available from 1995)
Please see Child Support Provisions of the Social Security Act and the Child Support Regulations for more information.
You can also search policy documents by topic or keyword for more specific results.
- December 22, 1988
- September 23, 1988
- August 23, 1988
- June 17, 1988
- May 9, 1988
- May 5, 1988
- April 19, 1988
- April 8, 1988
- April 4, 1988
- March 1, 1988
- January 20, 1988
- January 6, 1988