Automated Systems for CSE: Guide for Electronic Document Management
- Information About:
- State/Local Child Support Agencies
- State Systems, Automation Initiatives
- Policy, Dear Colleague Letters (DCL), Promising Practices
DEAR COLLEAGUE LETTER
ATTACHMENT: A Guide for Electronic Document Management (Adobe PDF, 2MB)
DATE: October 26, 2007
TO: ALL STATE IV-D DIRECTORS
RE: Release of Automated Systems for Child Support Enforcement: A Guide for Electronic Document Management
I am pleased to release the Automated Systems for Child Support Enforcement: A Guide for Electronic Document Management. The Office of Child Support Enforcement has prepared this Guide to support your efforts to improve the effectiveness of document management within your Child Support Enforcement (CSE) agency.
Electronic Document Management (EDM), encompassing both document imaging and electronic records management technologies, can introduce tremendous efficiencies and automation to your CSE agency. By incorporating paperless processes and workflow, caseworkers will be able to access documents from their desktop and perform their duties easier and quicker. States who have already implemented EDM solutions have reported many positive results such as reduced case processing times, increased caseworker productivity, improved customer service, automated records management, audit and security enhancements, reduction in lost or misplaced documents, desktop and remote access to documents, and employee satisfaction.
In the Guide you will find these practical tools for evaluating and implementing an EDM solution:
- A detailed technology discussion
- Make-or-buy analysis table
- A step-by-step implementation guide
- Requirements analysis overview and questionnaire
- Good ideas, suggestions, and considerations summary table
- A side-by-side comparison of the State/County systems reviewed
- Case studies from Washington, Rhode Island, Illinois, and Butler County, Ohio
- Glossary of terms
If you have any questions or comments about the Guide, please contact Ms. Robin Rushton, Director, Division of State and Tribal Systems, Office of Automation and Program Operations, OCSE at (202) 690-1244 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Office of Child Support Enforcement
cc:OCSE Regional Program Managers