e-IWO State System-to-System Registration
July 3, 2012
- Information About:
- State/Local Child Support Agencies, Employers
- Employer Responsibilities, Electronic Income Withholding Orders (e-IWO)
By completing and providing the information contained in the e-IWO State Profile, the state, tribe or territory agrees that it will:
- Agree to electronically transmit income withholding orders/notices.
- Not impersonate any individual, entity or association, use false headers or otherwise conceal or provide misleading information when sending income withholding orders/notices electronically.
- Provide true, accurate, current and complete information about the state, tribe or territory identified in the profile.
- Transmit income withholding orders/notices electronically to those employers, company payroll processors or agents that have indicated they will accept and process them and with which the state, tribe or territory deems it is in its best interest to electronically transmit income withholding orders. These income withholding orders will be treated in the same manner as if they were mailed to the employer and the electronic income withholding orders sent by them shall be considered admissible as evidence in the same manner as paper documents.
- Provide written notice to the federal Office of Child Support Enforcement, at least 30 days in advance, of its intent to no longer transmit electronic income withholding orders.
- e-IWO - State System-to-System Registration.pdf (209.89 KB)