< Back to Search

Adding El Salvador, Hungary, Saskatchewan, and the Yukon Territory as Reciprocating Countries


Published: August 22, 2007
Information About:
State/Local Child Support Agencies
Intergovernmental/Interstate, International
Policy, Dear Colleague Letters (DCL)
Foreign Reciprocating Countries (FRC)



ATTACHMENT: Federal Register Public Notice Update

DATE: August 22, 2007


RE: Additional Reciprocating Nations

Dear Colleague:

I am pleased to announce four new Federal level international reciprocity agreements on child support. El Salvador, Hungary, Saskatchewan and the Yukon Territory have each been declared a “foreign reciprocating country” or FRC for child support enforcement purposes by the United States pursuant to 42 U.S.C. 659A authority.

On July 17, 2007, the Office of the Legal Adviser, U.S. Department of State, published the enclosed cumulative public notice on completed Federal reciprocity declarations in the Federal Register (72 FR 39127). You may find this Federal Register notice useful in proceedings where the existence of a reciprocal relationship is at issue.

State IV-D agencies should now provide these FRCs the same services provided pursuant to other intergovernmental and interstate requests. Outgoing requests for services should be sent to the FRC’s respective Central Authorities. A list of contact information (address, phone, and fax) for these jurisdictions is attached and will also be made available in the address feature on the online Intergovernmental Referral Guide (IRG) where any future changes in contact information will be reflected.

OCSE’s international child support resources can be accessed through the “OCSE International Resources”. Also, the Department of State, in collaboration with OCSE, provides general information on international child support enforcement on its website.

Additional guidance on these FRCs will be forthcoming after collaborative discussions on forms, policy, and procedural matters have been concluded.

For further information about any reciprocity declaration or other international child support enforcement matters, please contact the U.S. Central Authority for International Child Support, Office of Child Support Enforcement, 370 L’Enfant Promenade, S.W., Washington, DC 20447. Policy questions should be directed to the Division of Policy at (202) 401-9386. Case-specific questions should be directed to the Division of Consumer Services at (202) 401-9373, fax: (202) 205-5927, email: ocseinternational@acf.hhs.gov.


Marrgot Bean
Office of Child Support Enforcement
cc: Regional Administrators
Regional CSE Program Managers