< Back to Search

England and Wales Correspondence and Payment Processing Information

Published: August 26, 2013
Information About:
State/Local Child Support Agencies
Program Information/Contacts
Foreign Reciprocating Countries (FRC)

Correspondence:  State agencies should send all child support case correspondence to the Reciprocal Enforcement of Maintenance Orders (REMO) Unit:

Official Solicitor and Public Trustee 
Victory House
30-34 Kingsway
London WC2B6EX

Phone: 44-0-20-3681-2757
Fax: 020 3681-8764
Email: remo@offsol.gsi.gov.uk
Website: https://www.gov.uk/child-maintenance-if-one-parent-lives-abroad

Payments: State agencies should send child support payments according to the instructions in the order. Typically, this is directly to the custodial parent, but in some cases it will be to the initiating court. Please note that the U.K.’s REMO unit for England and Wales does not distribute money. If you cannot send the money directly to the custodial parent, send it to the initiating court with the custodial parent’s name included.

Source: REMO Website, A Caseworker’s Guide to Processing Cases with the U.K. (page 4)


Last Reviewed: February 3, 2016