< Back to Search
FCR Release 08-01 Major: Specifications
Implementation Date: April 4, 2008
March 12, 2008
- Information About:
- State/Local Child Support Agencies
- Federal Systems, Federal Case Registry (FCR)
- Release Manifest/Specifications, Technical References
- Data Reliability, Data Standardization, External Locate, Location Systems, Social Security Benefits
Enhancements to the Federal Case Registry (FCR) are as follows:
- Modify how a Family Violence indicator (FVI) is tracked and removed on a person registered by the same state on multiple cases so that it mirrors how an FVI is managed on a person registered on different states' cases.
- Include the Social Security Administration (SSA) name matching routine as part of the SSN/Name verification process and return a new verification code of 'N.' This newly added routine accommodates nicknames and common misspellings. It previously was added to the SSN verification processes used for the National Directory of New Hires (NDNH) to increase the likelihood of identification.
- Provide states with options to filter redundant proactive and locate response data.
- Provide states with the option to receive proactively SSA Title II pending claim information.
- Discontinue the legacy SSA Title II response record and convert all states to receiving SSA's State Verification and Exchange System (SVES) Title II, Title XVI and Prisoner response records.
- Include the SSA District Office address on the SVES Title II response record to help states automate sending income withholding orders.