< Back to Search
FCR Release 08-02 Minor: Specifications
Implementation Date: October 3, 2008
Published: August 1, 2008
- Information About:
- State/Local Child Support Agencies
- Federal Systems, Federal Case Registry (FCR)
- Release Manifest/Specifications, Technical References
- Data Reliability, Location Systems, Quarterly Wages, Social Security Number (SSN)
Provides record specificiations for the following enhancements to the Federal Case Registry (FCR):
- Return the actual employer addresses on Quarterly Wage (QW) records that previously contained the address of the Unemployment Insurance (UI) Claims Administrator to assist states with sending income withholding orders to the correct employer address.
- Provide the difference between the wage amount in the current QW record and the prior QW amount as well as the percentage of change. Additionally, provide indicators to identify if no prior QW record was found in the National Directory of New Hires and if no W-4 was found for the same FEIN.
- Add a new interface with the U.S. Postal Service’s (USPS) National Change of Address (NCOALink®) database and provide states with the option to check their IV-D participants’ addresses against the NCOALink® database.
- Include an additional SSN verification routine from SSA’s State Verification Exchange System (SVES) that ignores surnames. Also, include a SSN correction routine from SVES. These two routines will assist in verifying the SSNs of persons who forget to notify SSA of changes to their last names, for example, through marriage.
Recycle unverified SSN/Name combinations through SSA's SSN verification processes to increase the likelihood of verifying the SSNs for persons who change their names with SSA after being added to the FCR.
- FCR Release 08-02 Minor Specifications.pdf (371.33 KB)