Federal Collections & Enforcement Annual Certification Letter
- Information About:
- State/Local Child Support Agencies, Tribal Child Support Agencies
- Federal Systems, Federal Offset Program (FOP), Financial Institution Data Match, Insurance Match, Passport Denial
- Policy, Dear Colleague Letters (DCL)
- Collection & Enforcement Systems
DEAR COLLEAGUE LETTER
DATE: August 14, 2013
TO: ALL STATE AND TRIBAL IV-D DIRECTORS
RE: Federal Collections & Enforcement Annual Certification Letter
Annually each state is required to complete and submit to the Federal Office of Child Support Enforcement a signed certification letter verifying that the information submitted by your state meets the legal requirements for federal offset, passport denial, multistate financial institution data match, and federal insurance match. It also provides information about your state’s preferences regarding mailing pre-offset notices, holding periods, and contact information.
The letter requires the signature of your state’s IV-D Director or designee. We have attached a copy of the document for you to use. Please e-mail the signed letter on your state’s letterhead to the Federal Collections Unit at email@example.com no later than September 18, 2013.
If you have any questions, please contact Alison Choi at 202-401-9390.
Thank you for your continued commitment to serving the needs of our nation's children.
Office of Child Support Enforcement
cc: ACF/OCSE Regional Program Managers
- Sample Annual Certification Letter.pdf (23.96 KB)