Federal Offset Collections Report for OCSE Cycle 2009-19
- Information About:
- State/Local Child Support Agencies
- Federal Systems, Federal Offset Program (FOP)
- Policy, Technical Content Correspondence (TCC)
- Collection & Enforcement Systems
TO: ALL FEDERAL OFFSET COORDINATORS
RE: Federal Offset Collections Report for OCSE Cycle 2009-19
Enclosed is the Federal Offset Collections Report for OCSE Cycle 2009-19. This report represents Federal Tax Refund and/or administrative offsets, less the current fees of $14.05 per Federal Tax Offset and $16.00 per administrative offset, and any adjustments/reversals made during this collection cycle for the 2002 through 2009 processing years.
Based on 13,755 offsets, the net collections total for OCSE Cycle 2009-19 as of October 16, 2009 is $14,173,109. The year-to-date total for 2,010,800 offsets is $2,120,228,878. This compares to 3,120,240 offsets for $2,779,530,898 through the same collection cycle last year.
Please note the following:
- OCSE Cycle 2009-19 reflects the revised Federal fiscal year 2010 Federal Tax Offset fee, lowered from $14.65 to $14.05, and Administrative Offset fee, which was lowered from $17.00 to $16.00, as detailed in Dear Colleague Letter DCL-09-29.
- OCSE Cycle 2009-19 marks the commencement of USDA Farm Service Agency/Commodity Credit Corporation (FSA/CCC) payments being eligible for Federal administrative offset. Beginning with OCSE Cycle 2009-20, an additional report, Administrative Offset Collections from USDA Payments, will be sent to provide a State summary of administrative offsets and collection totals resulting from FSA/CCC payment offsets. The report will be provided at the beginning of each month with future OCSE collection reports as long as the Treasury makes this information available.
An electronic version of this report, along with additional detail reports, has been sent to your State via electronic transmission.
The funds will be transferred through the Automated Clearing House (ACH) on October 29, 2009. If you have any questions regarding the transfer of collections to your State's account, please contact Elvis Davis (301) 443-9560 or Cathy Lin (301) 443-3309 at the Program Support Center.
If you have any questions concerning your State's collection reports, please contact Federal Collections and Enforcement at (202) 401-9389, ext. 4, or via email at email@example.com.
Office of Child Support Enforcement
cc: State IV-D Directors
ACF/OCSE Regional Program Managers