Findings from Ten Medical Support Projects
- Information About:
- Special Improvement Project (SIP) Grants, State/Local Child Support Agencies, 1115 Grants
- Case Management, Medical Support
- Grants, Policy, Dear Colleague Letters (DCL)
- Competitive Grant
DEAR COLLEAGUE LETTER
ATTACHMENT: Medical Support Demonstration Project Findings
DATE: September 24, 2007
TO: ALL STATE IV-D DIRECTORS
RE: Findings from Ten Medical Support Projects
I am pleased to provide you with a summary of key findings from ten State IV-D agency Medical Support demonstration projects covering section 1115 and Special Improvement Project priorities from FY 2000 to 2004.
This DCL not only describes the projects and findings, but also provides updates as of April, 2007. The grants tested a variety of methods, policies and techniques, including the DRA requirement to enforce medical support from custodial parents. Grants demonstrated:
- Staffing and systems innovations
- Review and mediation methods
- Outreach to employers
- State legislative and guidelines changes
- Interstate issues exploration
In addition, three FY 2005 grants are in progress and we have included summaries of these projects. When findings are available, they will be posted on the OCSE Web site.
We hope you find this information useful as you develop and refine your medical support establishment and enforcement methods.
Office of Child Support Enforcement
cc: OCSE Regional Program Managers