FPLS Minor Release 12-01
DATE: April 13, 2012
TO: ALL STATE AND TRIBAL IV-D DIRECTORS
RE: FPLS Minor Release 12-01
On April 6, 2012, the Federal Office of Child Support Enforcement (OCSE) will implement the following Minor Release 12-01 enhancements to the Federal Parent Locator Service (FPLS):
Federal Case Registry (FCR)
- Limit Number of NCOA Requests (OCSE Ref. #4044) – The FCR is being modified to limit the number of National Change of Address (NCOA Link ™) requests that a state may submit per Social Security number (SSN) within a batch transmission.
- Additional Title II and Title XVI Data in SVES Responses (OCSE Ref. # 4121) – The FCR is being modified to provide data elements on the State Verification and Exchange System (SVES) Title II (E05) and Title XVI (E06) Response records.
Federal Offset (FO) Program
This change allows you to update multiple fields on a case with one transaction record through the batch process, rather than submitting multiple transaction records, one for each field being updated.
The following component will be implemented in August 2012:
Electronic Document Exchange
- Electronic Document Exchange (EDE) (OCSE Ref. #4092) – The FCR is being modified to allow states to request and receive electronic documents through a new application on the FPLS State Services Portal (SSP).
For your reference, the following components were implemented previously:
Debt Inquiry (implemented January 2012)
- Debt Inquiry Enhancements (OCSE Ref. #4101) – Debt Inquiry provides states, via the FPLS SSP, with information concerning individuals who are eligible to receive a lump sum payment from an employer or insurer.
Federal Case Registry (FCR) (implemented December 2011)
- Social Security Administration (SSA) District Office Address on E05 SVES Response (OCSE Ref. #3177) – The FCR was modified to provide a default SSA District Office Address in the State Verification and Exchange System (SVES) Title II E05 Response records, if a District Office address is otherwise unavailable.
Federal Case Registry (FCR) (implemented January 2012)
- AD Locate Responses Return Income and Wages for Putative Fathers (OCSE Ref. #4025) – The FCR allows the responses for Locate requests for adoption purposes (request type ‘AD’) to include wages and income, when the participant type is ‘PF’.
Federal Offset (implemented February 2012)
- New User Role for Browsing Federal Tax Information (OCSE Ref. #4019) – The Federal Offset (FO) System was modified to create a new user role. The previous SSP had two offset roles: Full and Limited. Full access users have access to Federal Tax Information (FTI) and the update capability, while limited users may browse only and do not have access to FTI. The new “Limited with FTI” user role is browse-only with access to FTI.
For a copy of the Release 12-01 Manifest, or for detailed specifications regarding these FPLS modifications, refer to the OCSE website at http://www.acf.hhs.gov/programs/css/resource/release-12-01-mi....
You can contact your state Technical Support (TS) Liaison for questions regarding the FCR enhancements, or to discuss programming enhancements that would enable your state systems to effectively process the data and maximize data usage. For a list of state TS Liaisons, refer to http://www.acf.hhs.gov/programs/css/resource/ocse-fpls-techni....
For questions regarding Debt Inquiry, contact Beatrice Locks at 202-260-5606 or email@example.com.
For questions regarding the Federal Offset and Passport Denial Program, contact Rebecca Hamil at 202-205-5612 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions regarding the FPLS State Services Portal, contact Vinette Elam at 703-367-2578 or email@example.com.
Office of Child Support Enforcement
cc: ACF/OCSE Regional Program Managers