FPLS Minor Release 13-01
DEAR COLLEAGUE LETTER
DATE: January 4, 2013
TO: ALL STATE AND TRIBAL IV-D DIRECTORS
RE: FPLS Minor Release 13-01
Between now and April 2013, the federal Office of Child Support Enforcement (OCSE) will implement these Release 13-01 enhancements to the Federal Parent Locator Service (FPLS).
Query Interstate Cases for Kids (QUICK) – January 4
- State Services Portal states can view other states’ data without providing QUICK Data (OCSE Ref. #4126) – The QUICK application will allow states to view other states’ case information, without the need for your state to provide your own case and financial information to other states via QUICK.
- Display specific message when state system is down for scheduled maintenance (OCSE Ref. #4236) – QUICK is being modified so you can provide a standard message to requestors, stating your system is not able to provide data due to scheduled maintenance at that time.
- Accessing QUICK via SSP requires a QUICK role be present (OCSE Ref.#4238) – You can access the QUICK application for requests with user roles present in the HTTP header only if you provide a valid QUICK user role as defined in the FPLS.
- New QUICK Role that does not display FTI (OCSE Ref. # 4273) – We are adding a new user role (‘SY’) that will let you restrict certain users from viewing Federal Tax Information (FTI) on the NCP payment detail screen.
Federal Offset System (FOS) – January 12
- Daily Update Processing for Federal Offset (OCSE Ref. #4082) – We are modifying the Federal Offset System to change the FOS case submission and update process from weekly to daily.
Electronic Income Withholding Order (e-IWO) – January 31
- States can search for employers on NDNH (OCSE Ref. #4269) – The e-Employer application will let you query the National Directory of New Hires (NDNH) to search for FEINs and employer addresses.
Insurance Match – January 31
- Insurance Match (IM) File can be downloaded via the State Services Portal (OCSE Ref. #4201) – The Insurance Match system will provide IM response records via the State Services Portal (SSP).
Federal Case Registry (FCR) – April
- Non-Child Support Locates may be requested without an SSN (OCSE Ref. #4033) – The SSP Locate application will be modified, allowing the Locate application to process non-CS Locate requests that do not contain an SSN, provided the Locate contains the person’s name, date of birth, and gender.
AWR Locates are now a separate IRS Locate Request (OCSE Ref. #4205) – The FCR will separate Annual Wage Reporting (AWR) Locate requests from the State Verification and Exchange System (SVES) Locate requests. You must handle AWR responses as IRS data.
For your reference, these components were previously implemented in 2012.
Intergovernmental Reference Guide (IRG) – August 2012
- IRG Interface redesigned for OCSE website (OCSE Ref. #4005) – We modified the IRG web interface to support the OCSE website redesign. The new IRG system consolidates all contact information and program information available on the OCSE website into a single repository.
Debt Inquiry Service (DIS) – November 2012
- Success Stories are viewable by all users in the same state (OCSE Ref. #4157) – The DIS was modified to allow you to view a success story entered by any user in your state.
- Local Code is being provided for each DIS Match sent to states (OCSE Ref. #4281) – The DIS now includes the local code retrieved from the Federal Offset Debtor file for each payout match from your state.
Electronic Income Withholding Order (e-IWO) – November 2012
- New Suspense Disposition Code in e-IWO Acknowledgements (OCSE Ref. #4100) – The e-IWO application now allows employers to inform you when a noncustodial parent is temporarily suspended from employment.
Federal Offset System (FOS) – November 2012
- Corrected SSN Enhancement (OCSE Ref. # 4314) – The Federal Offset Portal application lets you indicate that the Social Security number submitted on the Add transaction should bypass the corrected SSN process.
For a copy of the Release 13-01 Manifest, or for detailed specifications regarding these FPLS modifications, refer to the OCSE library.
For questions regarding the FCR or to discuss programming enhancements, contact your state Technical Support (TS) Liaison.
If you have questions regarding any of these systems, contact the person listed below.
Office of Child Support Enforcement
cc: ACF/OCSE Regional Program Managers