Health Care Coverage
Child Support Fact Sheet #6
- Information About:
- State/Local Child Support Agencies, Tribal Child Support Agencies, Other Private Partners, Community-Based Organizations (CBO)
- Family Services & Referrals, Health Care Coverage
- Guides/Publications/Reports, Outreach/Brochures, Promising Practices
- Child Support Fact Sheet, Child Well-Being, Toolkit & Training
The Promoting Child Well-Being & Family Self-Sufficiency Fact Sheet Series discusses how and why the child support program provides innovative services to families across six interrelated areas to assure that parents have the tools and resources they need to support their children and be positively involved in raising them.
This fact sheet explains how the child support program promotes children’s health by establishing and enforcing medical support orders. The program can meet its responsibility by collaborating with private insurers, employers, Medicaid, CHIP, and new state health insurance exchanges. The child support program can also help parents be consistent providers for their children by connecting them to health care coverage and services.
- Health Care Coverage.pdf (434.91 KB)