Interstate Case Reconciliation-Federal Case Registry Supplemental Match Reason Codes
Interstate Case Reconciliation Cheat Sheet
- Information About:
- State/Local Child Support Agencies
- Federal Systems, Interstate Case Reconciliation (ICR)
- Technical References
- Electronic Communication
This document summarizes the Reason Codes received on cases submitted to the Federal Case Registry (FCR) for matching because they could not be found in the other state's regular Interstate Case Reconciliation (ICR) file. The document is intended as a 'cheat sheet' for use by staff working to reconcile these cases only, as some of the Reason Codes convey a slightly different message than they do on the regular ICR match. For more detailed information, consult the ICR User Guide on the OCSE website.
OCSE encourages all states to print the responses they receive from the ICR-FCR Supplemental Match to a report, as these cases will require manual action, and many will require that you communicate with the worker in the other state. Even if your case matches the other state's case on the FCR, until that state records its case as being an 'interstate' case with your state, the case will not be completely reconciled. You may use your own print program to display the data received from the ICR-FCR Supplemental Match, or you may request that OCSE send the data to you in a printable format.
Reason Code 00
Reason Code 00 means that all interstate case data matches. The ICR matching routine found the same case ID, state and county code, and open IV-D case status in the FCR as submitted on your ICR extract file. Reason Code 00 also means your participant was found in the other state's case.
Even though you store correct data on your system, until the other state identifies its case as an interstate case, you will continue to receive Reason Code 01 on subsequent ICR case matches. Contact with a worker in the other state may be required to fully reconcile this case.
Reason Code 01
Reason Code 01 means that a matching interstate case could not be found among the other state's cases on the FCR. However, this does not necessarily mean that case does not exist in the other state. The ICR matching routine may not have identified the case because:
- There is a family violence indicator (FVI) on one of the case participants on the FCR,
- The adults in the case are foreign nationals with no SSN, so their case is not registered on the FCR, or
- The case on your system is asking the match to occur against the wrong state's cases on the FCR.
Whether your state is the initiating state or the responding state, your goal is to ensure that the case is appropriately worked. Ask these questions to help you determine the most effective action to take on the case your system shows to be an interstate case:
- Did your state actually send the UIFSA documents to the other state, or initiate the interstate request via CSENet? Does your state show an open interstate action but no actual request made to the other state? If no request was actually sent, your interstate action can be closed and the case reviewed to determine the next appropriate action.
- Might your interstate action be miscoded and pointing to the wrong other state? Are you receiving payments from, or sending payments to a state that is different from the one recorded on your interstate screen? Correct the coding on your system so that it reflects the state to which the case was actually sent, or from which it was received.
- Does your system show that only a CSENet LO1 or CSI request was sent to, or received from, the other state? If so, close your interstate action as this is not a true interstate case.
QUICK, particularly QUICK's SSN search feature, is an excellent tool for researching cases that continue to receive a Reason Code 01 from the ICR-FCR Supplemental Match, because this can tell you if your interstate case with State A is actually an interstate case with State B.
Reason Code 02
Reason Code 02 means that the case ID your state maintains for the other state is incorrect. However, a corresponding case in the other state was found based on matching a child SSN in common, or an adult SSN/Participant Type and child name in common, with your interstate case, and you are receiving the correct other state case ID.
Update your case with the correct other state case ID after contacting that state to ensure that its case is marked as an interstate case with your state.
Reason Code 03
Reason Code 03 means that the 3-digit code for the county working the case in the other state is incorrect, and that a corrected county code has been provided.
Several states submit cases showing 000 as their local county code for every case. Following each ICR, OCSE will generate a report indicating whether to update your system with the 000 for these states, or retain their county code already residing on your system.
Reason Code 04
Reason Code 04 means that an open interstate case in your state matched to a closed IV-D case in the other state. If the other state's case is closed to IV-D, that state's interstate relationship with your state is also closed.
When your state is the initiating state, your goal is to ensure that the case is appropriately worked, either by your state as an intrastate case, or by the other state. Ask these questions to help you determine the most effective action to take on your initiating interstate case:
- Has your state told the responding state that it can close its interstate relationship with you, but your worker did not close your initiating state action?
- Do you need to ask the responding state to open its interstate relationship with you again?
When your state is the responding state, and the IV-D case is closed in the initiating state, ask these questions before evaluating the case for possible closure to IV-D following federal case closure criteria:
- Do I see a CSENet transaction telling my state that it can close its interstate case?
- Is my state still sending payments to the initiating state?
Reason Code 05
Reason Code 05 means that a closed interstate case in your state matched to an open interstate case in the other state, and should not be received from the ICR-FCR Supplemental Match.
Reason Code 06
Reason Code 06 means that your case was matched to a case in the other state, but a participant identified on your case could not be found in the other state's case.
OCSE continues to see reconciliation of Reason Code 06 as a lower priority than reconciliation of other discrepancies.
Reason Code 07
Reason Code 07 means that you did not submit an SSN for the participant but the participant's SSN was found in the matching case on the FCR. The SSN the other state used in registering this participant on the FCR is being provided for this participant in your case.
The SSN Verification Indicator shows whether the participant's SSN on the FCR has been verified by the Social Security Administration (SSA). SSNs on the FCR are verified through a rigorous process that involves matching the participant's name, SSN, date of birth, and sex. You can add this SSN to your case with a high degree of confidence.
Reason Code 08
Reason Code 08 means that the SSN you submitted for this participant did not match the participant's SSN found in the matching case on FCR. The SSN the other state used in registering this participant on the FCR is being provided for this participant in your case.
The SSN Verification Indicator shows whether the participant's SSN on the FCR has been verified by SSA. SSNs on the FCR are verified through a rigorous process that involves matching the participant's name, SSN, date of birth, and sex. You can add this SSN to your case with a high degree of confidence.
- Check to see if the SSN you have stored in your system has been verified. If the SSN you have on your system for this participant is unverified or invalid, add the other State's SSN for this participant if it has been verified.
- If the SSN you currently store for this participant has been verified, and the SSN provided by the other state is also verified, consider adding the other state's SSN as an alias SSN. This participant might legally have multiple verifiable SSNs.
- Ensure that participants whose SSN has been changed to the other state's SSN are submitted to the FCR. This will allow the FCR to verify the newly added SSN based on the person's name, SSN, date of birth, sex, and available ESKARI data. This will permit you to benefit from all proactive matching available through the FCR.
Reason Code 09
Reason Code 09 means that the other state found its matching case among your state's cases on the FCR.
When you receive a Reason Code 09 on your case, the other state received Reason Code 00, 02, 03, or 04 on it case. You are urged to review this case on your system to determine if it should be recorded as an interstate case with the other state. If so, update your system to show your case to now be an interstate case, and communicate your action to the other state.
Reason Code 10
Reason Code 10 means that the matching case on the FCR is a non-IV-D case.
Determine whether it is in the best interest of the family to have the other state open its case to IV-D, and work with that state to learn how to effect such a change.
- ICR-FCR Supplemental Match Reason Codes.pdf (107.02 KB)