Model Tribal System Documentation
This page contains a comprehensive list of documentation relating to Model Tribal System (MTS) design, development, installation, operation, and training. It is primarily intended for tribes using or considering the use of the MTS. For additional information and documentation, contact MTSProject@acf.hhs.gov.
Installation and Development
- Operator’s Manual - Instructions for tribal IT to operate the MTS. Includes database maintenance, monitoring log files, etc. Includes shadow environment management
- Configuration Worksheets - Worksheets for tribes installing the MTS to document their configuration data
- Virtual Server Installation Manual - Detailed instructions for installing the MTS on a virtual machine. A virtual machine is proprietary software allowing the installation of an operating system and its applications within another operating system.
- Eclipse Developer’s Manual - A description of how to install and configure Eclipse and other software needed for MTS development
Requirements and Design
- Concept of Operations - Very high level view of MTS functionality from the Tribal Systems Workgroup
- System Specification - High level view of MTS functionality based on the state systems certification guide
- Server Recommendations - Hardware requirements for MTS servers
- MTS and Office Automation PC Recommendations - Hardware requirements for MTS and Office Automation PCs
- System Requirements Specification - Volume 1 - Detailed descriptions and flow charts of MTS business processes
- System Requirements Specification - Volume 2 - MTS data definitions, lists of documents and ticklers, case history events, report descriptions, system configuration data, security roles
- General System Design - A high level description of MTS software processes and pictures of screen layouts
- Detailed System Design - A description of how open source and MTS components are combined and configured to implement the MTS. Includes a high level description of the use case for each MTS software module.
- System Architecture - A detailed description with several different views, showing how open source and MTS components are combined and configured to implement the MTS.
- Bugzilla Manual - An overview of using Bugzilla for MTS change management
- Caseworker’s Manual - Instructions on how to use the MTS in the Caseworker and Caseworker Supervisor role
- Financial Worker’s Manual - Instructions on how to use the MTS in the Financial Worker, Financial Supervisor, and related roles