< Back to Search

Portugal Correspondence and Payment Processing Information

Published: July 15, 2013
Information About:
State/Local Child Support Agencies
Program Information/Contacts
Foreign Reciprocating Countries (FRC)

Correspondence:  State agencies should send all child support case correspondence to the Directorate General of Justice Administration (DGAJ): 

Paulo Gonçalves
Directorate General of Justice Administration
Av. D. Joao II, # 1.08.01 Edf H 9th floor
1990-097 Lisboa

Phone: 351-21-790-6200
Fax: 351-21-154-5116
Email: cji.dsaj@dgaj.mj.pt
Website: http://www.dgaj.mj.pt/DGAJ/sections/site/english/


Payments: State agencies should send child support payments according to the instructions in the order (by bank transfer or by check). Typically, this is directly to the custodial parent, but in some cases it will be to the DGAJ.

Please note to always include Portugal’s case number and first and last name of the debtor/obligor on all payments and correspondence.

Source: DGAJ Website; IRG