Preventing the Need for Child Support
Child Support Fact Sheet #2
- Information About:
- State/Local Child Support Agencies, Tribal Child Support Agencies, Families, Other Private Partners, Community-Based Organizations (CBO)
- Family Services & Referrals, Child Support Prevention
- Guides/Publications/Reports, Outreach/Brochures, Promising Practices
- Child Support Fact Sheet, Child Well-Being, Toolkit & Training
The Promoting Child Well-Being & Family Self-Sufficiency Fact Sheet Series discusses how and why the child support program provides innovative services to families across six interrelated areas to assure that parents have the tools and resources they need to support their children and be positively involved in raising them.
This fact sheet discusses how the child support program can help prevent the need for its services by promoting responsible childbearing and parenting choices and by raising awareness—especially among teenagers—of the financial, legal, and emotional responsibilities of parenthood.
- Preventing the Need for Child Support.pdf (451.04 KB)