< Back to Search

Scotland Correspondence and Payment Processing Information

Published: September 13, 2013
Information About:
State/Local Child Support Agencies
Program Information/Contacts
Foreign Reciprocating Countries (FRC)

Correspondence:  State agencies should send all child support case correspondence to the Scottish Government Central Authority and International Law Team: 

Scottish Government Justice Directorate
Central Authority and International Law Team
St Andrew's House (GW15)
Regent Road
Edinburgh EH1 3DG.

Phone: 44 (0) 131 244 2417/4829
Fax: 44 (0) 131 244 4848
Website: www.gov.scot/Topics/Justice/law/17867/fm-children-root/maintenance
Email: bill.galbraith@scotland.gsi.gov.uk (team leader) or gregor.nimmo@scotland.gsi.gov.uk (caseworker) 

Payments: State agencies should send child support payments according to the instructions in the order. Typically, this is directly to the custodial parent. Please note, that Scotland’s Central Authority does not distribute money. If you cannot send the money directly to the custodial parent, send it to the Scottish Government Central Authority and International Law Team with the custodial parent’s name included.

NOTE: Always include Scotland’s case number and first and last name of the debtor/obligor on all payments and correspondence.

Source: Scottish Government Justice Directorate Website

Last Reviewed: April 6, 2016