State Best Practices - FPLS Data: Quarterly Wage, Data Match and Asset Seizure, FIDM
- Information About:
- State/Local Child Support Agencies
- Federal Systems, Child Support Portal/SSP, Data Exchange/Matching, Federal Parent Locator Service (FPLS), Financial Institution Data Match
- Policy, Information Memorandums (IM), Promising Practices
- Collection & Enforcement Systems, Quarterly Wages
DATE: August 1, 2002
TO: STATE AGENCIES ADMINISTERING CHILD SUPPORT ENFORCEMENT PLANS UNDER TITLE IV-D OF THE SOCIAL SECURITY ACT AND OTHER INTERESTED INDIVIDUALS
SUBJECT: STATE BEST PRACTICES
BACKGROUND: The Federal Office of Child Support Enforcement (OCSE) is pleased to release another installment of "Tips, Techniques and Technology in Using FPLS Data." This edition continues with innovative processes and procedures that states have developed to take advantage of the new tools in child support enforcement, especially those provided by the Personal Responsibility and Work Opportunity Reconciliation Act (PRWORA).
The enclosed installment includes articles on:
- West Virginia and Washington’s utilization of quarterly wage information;
- New York’s Financial Institution Data Match and Automated Asset Seizure Program; and
- Colorado’s Financial Institution Data Match Program.
The creativity of states is demonstrated in these practices, and we trust that you will find the enclosed installment helpful in your own efforts to optimize your program.
Sherri Z. Heller, Ed.D.
Office of Child Support Enforcement
cc: Regional Program Managers
ACF Regional Administrators
Regional Training Liaisons
State Training Liaisons
Federal Case Registry Contacts
National CSE Training Work Group