State Best Practices - FPLS Data: Family Violence, FCR, NDNH, Income Withholding
- Information About:
- State/Local Child Support Agencies
- Case Management, Enforcement, Family Services & Referrals, Family Violence Collaboration, Federal Systems, Child Support Portal/SSP, Data Exchange/Matching, Federal Case Registry (FCR), Federal Parent Locator Service (FPLS), National Directory of New Hires (NDNH)
- Policy, Dear Colleague Letters (DCL), Promising Practices
- Collection & Enforcement Systems, Location Systems
SEP 7, 2000
TO: ALL STATE IV-D DIRECTORS
RE: State Best Practices
The Federal Office of Child Support Enforcement (OCSE) is pleased to release the fourth installment of "Tips, Techniques, and Technology in Using FPLS Data." The third edition was sent to States on May 22, 2000 with DCL-00-59. The guide describes the innovations and procedures that States have developed to take advantage of the new tools in child support enforcement, especially those provided by the Personal Responsibility and Work Opportunity Reconciliation Act (PRWORA).
The enclosed installment includes a revised Table of Contents and articles on:
- Missouri’s Approach to Family Violence for Non-TANF Applicants
- The Federal Case Registry (FCR) Reconciliation File
- Vermont’s Automated Income Withholding Process Using National Directory of New Hires (NDNH) Data
- Virginia’s Use of the NDNH and FCR Data
The creativity of States is demonstrated in these practices, and we trust that you will find the enclosed guide helpful in your own efforts to optimize your program.
Once again, let me applaud all States for their continued creativity and hard work on behalf of our nation’s children.
David Gray Ross
Office of Child Support Enforcement
cc: ACF Regional Administrators
Regional Program Managers
Best Practices Contacts